It's simple to get up and running with QuickBooks and Joiin.
You start by following a few simple steps to connect your QuickBooks company(s) to Joiin - once they're connected you don't need to perform this task again - from that point on your data will by kept in sync automatically and the Joiin reports will show up to date figures.
You will need 'Admin' access to any QuickBooks Online instances that you wish to add to Joiin.
- Go to the Companies page.
- Click on Add Company and select Add QuickBooks Company.
- Click on the Connect to QuickBooks button.
- If you're not already logged into QuickBooks you'll be taken to the login page of QuickBooks - login with your QuickBooks account details as you normally do. NOTE if you are already logged into QuickBooks under a different account than the one you want to connect to Joiin then you should first log off from QuickBooks before attempting to connect.
- Once logged in you will see the name of your company and a Connect button - if you have multiple companies you first select the company you want to connect.
- Click on the Connect button.
- Your company will be added and data synchronisation will begin.
- You have the option to connect another company at this point if required - you can connect as many companies as you wish simultaneously (within the limits of your subscription).
Now you're ready to run reports against that company. For more information on running reports see the Running Reports user guide.
You can view your list of companies any time on the Companies page. There you can also:
- Change the period data is imported for - by default Joiin pulls the data from QuickBooks for the previous 3 and next 2 fiscal years - if you want to go back further you can change these settings.
- Manually refresh data from QuickBooks - Joiin will automatically refresh your data every day but if you've updated something in QuickBooks and want to pull in the latest data you can refresh manually.
- Change the order companies appear in the report filters and the Compare by Company view.
View our help video for a step by step guide to onboarding your QuickBooks Online Companies'.