You can control the security settings to your Joiin account through the Account Security page. This page allows you to change your user password or switch on Two Factor Authentication.
To access the Account Security page, click on the Account menu at the top right and select Account Security.
Changing your password
You can change the password you use when you log into Joiin here. To do this enter your existing password then enter your new password and click the Update Password button.
Passwords must meet the following requirements:
- at least 9 characters.
- at least one uppercase letter
- at least one lowercase letter
- at least one number
- at least one special character
Two Factor Authentication
Two Factor Authentication provides an additional level of security when accessing Joiin. It requires you to enter a code that is sent via SMS to your mobile phone every time you log into Joiin, as well as your username and password.
It's a simple process to enable Two Factor Authentication:
- In the Two Factor Authentication section of the Account Security page, enter your mobile phone number - this must be preceded with the plus prefix and your country code. e.g +44 - refer to the list of country codes for more information.
- Click Next. An SMS containing a code will be sent to the phone number you entered.
- When you receive this code, enter it into the field provided and click Enable. If you did not receive the code you can resend it by clicking the Resend Code button.
Once Two Factor Authentication is enabled, each time you log in you will sent a new code which you will be prompted to enter in order to gain access to the app.
You can switch off Two Factor Authentication any time by going to the Account Security page and clicking on the Disable two factor authentication button.